Monday, October 20, 2008

Get your free T-shirt


I remember back in college when I was walking to my next class, there was this guy and girl sitting outside the building. There was a bunch of people around them talking and they we're walking away with free t-shirts and pens! I wanted one to! So I stepped up to the line and asked "hey, how do I get one of those shirts?" I was told all I had to do was sign up to get a credit card and I'd get a shirt and pen for free and it would only take a couple of minutes!!!!!! Wahooooooo!!!!!

So 10 days later I'm wearing the free t-shirt (I've already lost the pen) and in the mail comes my credit card with a $500 limit! Wahoooooo.....dinner's on me! Four years later (I don't know where the shirt is) but I'm graduating and I have $1,200 of credit card debt! Wow talk about starting off on the wrong foot!

I've heard of some crazy things that these credit card companies give away to get you to sign up. What are somethings you've heard of?

No comments: